fredag 10. september 2010

Thursday 9th of September

That gap at 1108.25 in ES (S&P futures) was finally closed Thursday on September and the market opened higher following better US weekly jobless claims data. But since we moved to the Decemeber as front month and that is about 5 points lower the gap is actually still open. So the gaps to look for are 1108.25 and 1054.25.
Were a lot of traders rolling their positions to December contract and it turned out to be a range bound session.
Good summary of the day by Mr. Topstep, see link: http://mrtopstep.com/2010/09/09/big-roll-in-sp/

On the trading front I was caught a bit too short on the spike up on the weekly claims and had to make some changes based on that. I took profit on the short 1070 and 1080 calls to make sure I didn't have to worry about them if the market breaks lower as they were just valued at 2.50 and 4.5 respectively it made sense to close them and sell some 1110 short puts instead to get more premium out closer to market, so a larger move will not suddenly make some out of the money puts rise tremendously in value.
I made about 9 points trading long in the future on the day, but it was still not enough to make up for the rise in value on the outstanding calls. I did also sell a bit more 1120 calls for October and also added a new 1130 short calls to the portfolio. I also closed the 1090 in the money short calls I had for September for a loss, but of course that loss has been traded in long on the futures side, so I am not left with straddle at 1110 for expiration 17th of September, with more short calls at 1100 for same data. Also have some 1090 short puts for 17th of September. For October expiration I have 1090's, 1100, 1120 and 1130's short calls and to the downside I have 1040 and 1030 puts. Very little economic data Friday, so not sure we will see any major move, so hopefully I can leave current portfolio over the weekend and start to move some to the September calls off the portfolio start of next week. Have a nice day

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar