fredag 17. september 2010

Friday 17th of September

Good evening,
Will keep it short as the weekend is right around the corner.
It looks like stops were triggered overnight as it broke above 1127 in S&P futures (ES), making a high of 1132.75 in Globex session. However we opened much lower at 1125.75 and closed below yesterday's close, which signals weakness to me. The Euro also selling off towards the afternoon with AUDUSD move down 100 pips from the high also signals that the risk on trade overnight might be short lived for now.
For the trading I had to trade long in the ES to protect against the short calls from 1120 and up, which saw me lose 6 points in total on the day. Overnight I actually sold a bit more 1160 and 1150 calls for October and November in case this break turns out to be a false break. I also turned the short calls at 1120 into a short straddle position with selling the 1120 puts for October.
Basically sitting with calls from 1130 to 1160 now, with puts from 1100 and downwards to 1060. I always try to stay as dynamic as possible and follow the market and adjust to new developments and I will continue that very much next week as I would like to increase the distance between some of the strikes a bit, especially if we move above 1135 I will roll some of the 1140 and 1150 to higher strikes.
This week turned out more or less flat, but I am very well positioned if the market would break lower at the moment. If it breaks higher I have to make further adjustments, but expect the volatility then to drop even further, which would help my short options portfolio.

Have a great weekend, take care

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar