fredag 24. juni 2011

Recap Friday 24th of June

The week overall turned out very nice and the best so far, + 5225 USD (5,225%), very good indeed. The major contributor was the crude oil structure that took in 4017.50 USD.

See complete trading log

Very choppy day again as the headline continue to dominate the markets. As mentioned in the mid-day update the IFO release sent the Euro back up after overnight weakness. Only to fall back down on various comments and halting of Unicredit and Intesa stocks in Milano after they fell more than 3%.
The choppyness in the Euro forces us to hedge back and forth and pretty much took out the profit potential and I was excersised on the 1.42 puts, which has given me long 2 futures at 1.42. I am short mini Euro futures to hedge this exposure, total of 4 mini futures, so they are fully hedged. I will close all this positions on Monday and then add up the total for the structure.
The S&P 500 emini structure I had on turned out pretty well. I did get thrown out a bit on the spike higher on the US GDP release today, which was slightly better than last estimate. However I was able to get back in short pretty quick, so it had limited impact.
I did add a gold structure today, long 2 futures and short 2 1520 August calls. One of the futures I had on since yesterday. I expect to see a rebound in gold start of next week. If I am wrong I will sell out the futures and keep the calls on and probably sell some puts to create a short strangle.

Have a nice weekend

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar