onsdag 27. juli 2011

Trading recap Tuesday 26th of July

See full trading log here

The S&P 500 futures failed to make any recovery above the 1335 resistance level and closed in the lower end of the range on slighly increasing volume compared to previous session. Volume was 1.406m contracts traded in the S&P 500 Emini futures, fairly low volume I would say.
See chart below:



What's next? Below 1335 the bias is down. I see this 1325 support as a key level near term and basically above 1325 there is still recovery potential, below 1325 we target 1315, which has been a pivot level over the last months. Minor resistance is at 1335 now.
The feelling is that we will drift lower to 1315, but things can change very quickly in this market, so probably best to just follow the technicals.

Trading wise I sold more 1330 calls for expiration on Friday (29 Jul), so total short of 7 contracts now. Reason for selling these is that I have expect prices to drift down and since I have short a bunch of calls and long 6x futures, I actually wanted to be more negative delta as we go lower.

On the crude side I bought futures, looking for a move higher, but that once again stopped short of 101 and fell back late in the sessions as the API inventory data showed a larger than expected build.
Crude is trading inside this 97.50 to 101.70 range and contiunes to making false break outs and returns back into the range. Tricky to trade at the moment. I still think the upside is somewhat limited near term due to the release of the strategic oil reserves, but longer term demand looks decent, so I don't expect and big move down. I expect the 90 level to hold for quite some time. Crude daily chart below:




Good luck

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar