torsdag 7. juli 2011

Trading recap Thursday 7th of July

ECB out of the way and they decided to raise rates by 25 bps and ECB have suspended collateral rules for Portugal until further notice.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a7743bec-a87c-11e0-8a97-00144feabdc0.html

It seems like the ECB is desperately kicking the debt crisis further down the road, which at this point seem logical. But at some point the real problem have to be dealt with.
Trading wise I closed out the Euro options structure that I put on yesterday for 300 USD profit.
Did further adjustment in the S&P structure after the S&P just pushed right through another resistance level at 1340.25. Actually it gapped above it on the open and never looked back. Next key resistance is the yearly high at 1361 now. My problem with this rally is that it is going up a bit too quick to be healthy and suspect we are getting a correction in the next few sessions. Another reason for my thinking of a correction lower before new highs is the fact that the volume on the last few sessions have been falling. This is certainly not a good sign for a break out. To take out a major resistance level you want to see increasing volume to punch through the prior top. Of course nothing is guaranteed here, so one had to be careful.

In crude I sold Aug 100 calls for expiration 15 July and I bought 1x mini futures at 98.50. There has been a nice bounce from 90 level up to 99.40 high today following the Crude oil inventories. We are now well back into the old range from 96 to 104 that we saw from start of May to mid June. I think we see a correction back towards the 96.50 level next, there for I put on the options position. If we break higher I will contiune to hedge the delta. So it leaves me with a bit more flexbility and given that we have only 1 week left until expiration, the time value is dropping off fast.

Full trading log here

Good luck

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar